Posted by -
Firestone EPDM vs ClassicbondWe are hearing that people are being told, Classicbond is thicker than Firestone EPDM. Let's gather the facts, then you can decide:
Firestone vs ClassicBond Facts
- Both are excellent durable membranes made in the USA by two world class manufacturers.
- Classicbond quotes 1.2mm thickness for their standard membrane and Firestone quote 1.1mm for the equivalant. ( Source BBA certificates) It is basically the manufacturing tolerance they work to, and we like to work conservatively, by working to the lower end of the scale. That's fair I think you will agree. So the differance between the two is 0.1mm which is 1/10th of a millimeter differance. Not really visible to the nakd eye, but now you have the facts.
- Firestone RubberCover can also be supplied in 1.5mm thicknesses also, but has no effect on longer life cycles. Both grades last upto 50 years plus.
- Firestone RubberCover is made by Firestone, marketed as a Firestone product and supplied with thoroughly tested and approved adhesives and tapes.
- ClassicBond is made by Carlisle Syntec, which is then own branded to ClassicBond and supplied with ClassicBond's own range of various adhesives and accessories.
Important to note:
- Firestone RubberCover weighs 1.4kg per m2, ClassicBond 1.22kg per m2 (as per BBA)